Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Inside A BH In Tawau !!!!



There are many ways to wet the floor of your BH.

Main reason why you should wet your BH floor is to attract more young birds to enter your BH and be your permanent tenants.

Wet floor will also help to attract your owned young birds to return back as soon as they take their first flight of their live.

I have be pushing this wet floor idea and this was what I got from an innovative BH owner.

"Pak Harry I came out this this simple and very cheap idea to wet my BH foors"  he claimed.

What he did was to collect free water from a nearby stream and stored them in a 200 gallons container.


From there he will used a pump, timed to run two times a day, to push the stream water to the top floor and subsequently to the other two floors using those black pipes.

To wet the floor he inset a number of plastic's nozzles used by those fertigation farmers.

A very brilliant idea.


Simple and effective.

While I was with him he showed me how effective the system was.

What he did was to run the pump one tooth of the timer twice a day.

I warned him of possible flooding but his answers was too monitor them continuously.  He stayed near to the BH and can detect the flooding when it happened.

The most important is to wet the floor but not to flood them.

He installed the piping system just about 2 weeks ago and the effect on those birds are yet to be seen.

I assured him that he will one day see something strange.

Usually your birds will refuse to leave home, I told him.

Since he seems to see so many of my ideas works inside his BH he trusted me 110%.

I will be happy to see more nests withing the next few months.














No comments: