Search This Blog

Saturday, March 7, 2015

Rompin BH: I Am Still Not Satisfied With The 4th Floor Darkness !!!

(Three doors in one straight line)


Although finished the top floor but inside my heart I was not very happy.

Not happy because my rule of the thumb for nesting rooms which I always preached was not there.

My philosophy is that if you want your birds to stay and erect those precious nests the nesting room must be pitch dark.

A simple test to do is to stand two feet apart with your partner or helper and see if you can see his face.

If you can then you failed to meet the birds requirement.

Those birds even they enter and stay inside the room will be reluctant to erect their nests.

It is something like having tenant in your house but they never pay their monthly rental payment.

There were a number of reasons why and I wanted to share this list:

1) Due to the big top entry areas the nesting area was short ( about 50 feet).

2) No matter how I arranged the partitions (at least seven separate doors) those bright light keep polluting the main nesting room and the rest too.

3) The wall onto which those sun rays are hitting were not blacken or painted with black paint.

4) The doors are just too big and allowing a lot of those reflected light to enter the VIP room.

5) Too many doors and I need to shut at least one of the many doors.

During my next trip, scheduled next Tuesday March 10th 2015, I need to make some drastic decision to shut a few doors and see if those black paint helps.

This can be very irritating when you cannot get the kind of darkness in your BH.

No comments: